Dogs can suffer from various illnesses and are more susceptible to some diseases, depending on the breed. That is why taking out pet insurance is important for you to obtain. Whilst some dogs are more vulnerable to getting cancer, other breeds may be more inclined to suffer from hip dysplasia. Therefore, buying insurance is essential for your dog’s overall care.
Types of Coverage
When selecting pet insurance for your dog, you will need to review the cover options. These options include the following:
- Accidental injury coverage reimburses you 80% for veterinary treatment related to an accidental injury, less the excess claimed.
- Accidental injury illness coverage reimburses you 80% for veterinary treatments related to both accidental injuries and illnesses less the excess for each condition claimed.
- Major medical pet coverage is created for pet owners who want to cover their dogs for accidental injury protection and illness with the increased protection of routine care coverage.
Reducing Your Premiums
To reduce the cost for your dog insurance coverage, you might elect to choose a higher excess and share more of the vet bill with the insurer. By choosing this approach, you can reduce your insurance premiums by as much as 50%.
Apply for Pet Insurance Online
You can make applying for insurance easy by going online and filling out the application in the privacy of your own home. First, you will need to provide your pet’s name and whether it is a dog or cat. You also need to insert your pet’s birth date and its gender. If you have a multi-pet household, you may be able to reduce the amount you pay. After you fill out your date of birth and the postcode for your address, you can select a coverage option.
Routine Care Options
If you choose major medical insurance that includes routine care coverage, you can receive a $50 yearly benefit for one of the following:
- Heartworm prevention
- Teeth cleaning
- Alternative therapies
- Preventative medication
- Prescribed diets
- Dewclaw removal
- Dog training
- Burial or cremation
Annual benefits are available for the following:
- Vaccinations or a health check
- Heartworm test for blood screen
- Flea, tick, and worm control
- FeLv/Fiv tests or urinalysis
Routine care insurance is reasonable as it costs less than $10.00 per month – a fee that includes statutory and GST charges.
Obtain Insurance Protection Now
Needless to say, your dog’s health is a vital concern to you. That is why you need to make an insurance coverage choice. You not only need to factor in your dog’s current health, but what you may anticipate in medical expenses in the future. Some older dogs can suffer from conditions that can be hard to manage financially. That is why it is good to obtain the appropriate insurance protection now.