We all want to look youthful forever. The appearance of wrinkles and fine lines is not something we welcome with open arms. So, is there a solution? Yes, with the help of Ayurveda, you can delay aging and achieve beautiful skin.
Ayurveda is a traditional system of medicine, which was created by the Indian Sages almost 5000 years ago. This branch of medicine believes in maintaining a harmony between the mind and the body for good health. Therefore, with the help of Ayurveda, you can achieve anti-aging results along with good health.
Before you begin any treatment, it is important to consult an Ayurvedic Practitioner first for a detailed consultation. They will help create a tailor-made plan suitable for you, according to your body type.
As the name suggests, Panchakarma is a five-step treatment. It is said to be highly beneficial and an intense treatment, which provides a complete body detox. Panchakarma treatment can last anywhere from a day to 21 days, depending on your issue. This treatment includes; Abhyanga, Shirodhara, Udvartana, Swedanam, and Nasya. This treatment removes all the harmful toxins from your body, increases metabolism, balances your doshas, reduces stress, helps you relax, slows the aging process, boosts your immunity, and improves strength. Shirodhara and Abhyanga are highly recommended for their anti-aging benefits.
Practicing Yoga regularly will not only help you stay fit and flexible, but it will also slow down the aging process. With the help of yoga, you will improve your blood circulation, balance, flexibility, and strength. The meditative techniques offered by yoga helps beat that stress (stress and tension make you age faster). It naturally cleanses, restores, and rejuvenates your system.
You can talk to your Ayurvedic Practitioner to set you up with herbal medications with anti-aging benefits. These medicines will not have any side-effects and are not addictive.
In Ayurveda, it is believed that massages can strengthen the tissues and the muscles. With a proper massage therapy, you can lubricate the joints, improve the elasticity of the skin, and make your skin smooth and supple. The Ayurvedic massages improve the blood circulation and can bring out the natural radiance of your skin. The rhythmic strokes performed by the therapist are highly beneficial as it helps relax your body. The oils used in the massage enrich the skin and provide a comforting effect on your nervous system.
It is important to eat a well-balanced meal with lots of fruits and veggies to keep your skin and body healthy. Make sure you consume fiber-rich whole grains every day, such as brown rice, quinoa, wheat, barley, etc. Antioxidants are great to keep you looking younger. Thus, consume green leafy veggies, red tomatoes, blueberries, carrots, etc. Antioxidants also prevent the unstable molecules from damaging the healthy cells.
- It is important to sleep for 7-8 hours every night. This will not only keep your skin beautiful, but it will maintain your health and prevent tiredness.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water. It is important to consume at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- We usually neglect the importance of a good sunscreen. It helps protect our skin from the sun and prevents aging, losing elasticity, etc. Today, there are several Ayurvedic Sunscreens available with a higher SPF for your benefit.
- Worrying, tension, etc. will only make you age faster. Make sure you laugh and enjoy every moment of your life. Staying happy is a great way to slow down aging.
- Cut down on caffeine and alcohol.
- If you smoke, quit. It is not only bad for your health, but it will age your skin faster.