Liver has many functions like glycogen storage, hormone production, protein synthesis and decomposition of RBCs. Your body cannot function without liver. However, there are many things that damage your liver and reduce its capacity to function properly. Excessive consumption of alcohol or dietary supplements, lack of nourishment and any kind of infection leads to damage in liver.
Damages in liver can lead to severe problems. Since some toxins aren’t eliminated, poison spreads all over your body. This can lead to death. Symptoms like jaundice or sleepiness are indication of reduction in quality of liver. Complete breakdown of this organ can have only one solution and that is liver transplant.
Memorial Hermann North Houston endoscopy and surgery is a nonprofit center that handles cases of liver transplant successfully. There are more than 5000 doctors and 26000 employees, who are efficient and skillful. If you have any kind of problem apart from liver transplant, here is the place where you can feel safe.
First liver transplant was done in the year in 1967 after which the procedure was improved and by 1980 the procedure had answers to all severe liver problems. Initially, the survival rate was not more than 25%, but with time, advance technology and skilful doctors, this rate has increased to 85%.
If you don’t stay in Houston, Texas and are looking for good liver transplant center then here are few things that you will have to follow diligently –
- Get online to search for liver transplant centers near you to save travelling time.
- Once you find a center, check their reviews and outcome results related to your problem.
- Check the experience of surgeons and staff team in this stream.
- If you want, you can also check the review for the doctor who will monitor you.
- You can ask any question that you have related to your problem. If you have any doubt then fact finding isn’t bad because that not only clears your doubt, but also gives you relief.
- It is also important to find if your insurance covers that hospital. Paying from your pocket can become an expensive affair.
Doctors very well understand their role and responsibilities. A good team of doctors will always support you in any form you want. Moreover, they will also help you relax by answering all your questions patiently and politely.